Sunday Bantering: Jose Bautista to skip All-Star game

New, 13 comments
Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

Jose Bautista told reporters that he 'tweaked' his shoulder in Chicago and that he is going to skip the All-Star game and get treatment, somewhere:

There is a lot of information there.....most of it says that Bautista doesn't like talking to the media. I guess I don't really blame him, I wouldn't enjoy talking to the press either.

I think it is a good idea that he take the four days and get a break from baseball. Jose is DHing today

Josh Donaldson isn't playing in today's game, still with 'flu like' symptoms. He's still planning on going to the All-Star game. I would think he feels he needs to go with the huge campaign to get him voted into the starting line up. I wonder if the flu like symptoms are part heat stroke.

Today's lineup: