clock menu more-arrow no yes
Could Navarro be going to Seattle?
Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

I figured we could have another open thread talking about possible Blue Jays trades. There are some rumors this morning:

The Jays have an extra catcher, if they could get a good arm for the bullpen, I'm sure they would be happy to send him to the Pacific Northwest. But then several other teams have catchers that the Mariners could be looking at too.

Update: This kind of ends the fun:

Jonathan Papelbon pushed for a trade, when talking to reporters, on Monday. I think, if I were the Phillies, I have to find a way to get rid of him now. CSNPhilly.com asked Phillies GM Ruben Amaro was asked if Papelbon hurt his trade value with his statements:

"No, I don't think so because I know that the clubs that have seen him pitch and know what he's about know what kind of competitor he is," Amaro told Angelo Cataldi. "They know that he wants to win. They know that when he takes the ball, he doesn't make any excuses. He knows what it takes to make the last pitch of the season.

"There's live discussions going on right now regarding Pap. I do believe that there's enough of a market that we can probably get something done. But again, I don't necessarily believe in 'probably.' ... There's a lot of clubs that are interested in a lot of our players and we have to sort through it and make the right deals."

He was also asked if Cole Hamels terrible start Friday hurt his trade value, and said he thought other teams knew what kind of pitcher Hamels is, so that one start wouldn't change his value. He's likely right, but I'd imagine that there were a number of scouts at that game. I don't know much about scouting, but I figure giving up 12 hits and 9 runs in 3.1 wouldn't impress them.

And as Minor Leaguer told us yesterday, SI.com has the Blue Jays, along with the Astros and Royals have been the 'most aggressive' in trying to get Johnny Cueto.

Use the thread to tell us about and discuss any trade rumor out there.