Aaron Sanchez will pitch out of the bullpen

New, 543 comments
Peter Llewellyn-USA TODAY Sports

After the game, there was this:

I really hate this idea, especially with Felix Doubront in our rotation. But maybe there is a trade in the making? I'd almost think there has to be. I think Aaron Sanchez is so much more valuable as a starter. He gave us some very good starts, just before going to the DL, I'd love to see him continue that.

The plan is to have Sanchez up Wednesday or Thursday after pitching out of the pen in Buffalo Tuesday.

He was pretty terrific out of the pen last year, he had a 1.09 ERA in 33 innings. Having someone that good that can do multiple innings is a handy thing. Course, we aren't using Liam Hendriks, as is.

So we very very much need to add a starting pitcher now. I'm afraid of what we'll have to give up to get someone.