Time has no beginnings and history has no bounds: GameThread for Game 81: Red Sox @ Jays

New, 1141 comments
Peter Llewellyn-USA TODAY Sports
The halfway point of the season. Whether you think the season is half full or half empty is up to you I guess.
I'm back home. I really do enjoy coming to Toronto, and the Canada Day Game was particularly fun, but I'm happy to be home to watch the game on TV, where I can afford to have more than one beer and no one will do the wave in front of me.

Lineup

BLUE JAYS FARRELLING FARRELLS
Jose Reyes, SS Mookie Betts, CF
Josh Donaldson, 3B Brock Holt, 2B
Jose Bautista, RF Xander Bogaerts, SS
Edwin Encarnacion, DH David Ortiz. DH
Chris Colabello, 1B Hanley Ramirez, LF
Russell Martin, C Pablo Sandoval, 3B
Danny Valencia, LF Mike Napoli, 1B
Kevin Pillar, CF De Aza, RF
Devon Travis, 2B Ryan Hanigan, C
Matt Boyd, P Wade Miley, P

Since I used a line from Gordon Lightfoot's Canadian Railroad Trilogy for yesterday's GameThread, I figured I'd use another for today's. It really is a great song.
GO JAYS GO!

Remember we have rules here. Mostly don't be terrible (it seems like a small thing to ask). No arguing with the Mods, you have a problem, email Tom, but in the thread, let's not debate rules.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.