Blue Jays trade for Troy Tulowitzki

New, 1229 comments
Isaiah J. Downing-USA TODAY Sports

I was just wishing the Blue Jays would do something and I read this:

That would be Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki.

Troy is hitting .305/.353/.478 in 86 games for the Rockies.

I have no idea who is going to Denver or what the Jays plan to do with Jose Reyes, but this is a wow trade, I'm not sure I believe it yet.

More details to come.

And we have confirmation:

Update: Apparently it is Jose Reyes plus a minor leaguer going to Denver.

Per Cot's Contracts Tulowitzki is owed 20M each season from 2015 to 2020, 14M in 2021, and has a 15M team option for 2022 with a 4M buyout.

So we also add a reliever. Hawkins is 42 and has a 3.63 ERA in 22.1 innings.

Update: RSN is reporting the Rockies are sending up $6 million to help pay for Tulo....which amazes me.

Update: Norris isn't going to Denver (sources say) and they also say that Hoffman hasn't been told he's been traded. Bowden says it isn't Norris or Hoffman.

More Updates:

And more....

So the $6 million mentioned on RSN isn't right....it is looking like Miguel Castro is going with Reyes, if he is the only one going, this trade is a magic trick of some sort.

More Updates:

Some are saying there are 2 more minor leaguers in the deal, no idea who yet.

And More:

That makes more sense to me.