Devon Travis leaves tonight's game in 3rd inning with a shoulder injury

New, 26 comments
Nick Turchiaro-USA TODAY Sports

Devon Travis started the game off with a home run, but in his 2nd at bat, he had an awkward swing and seemed to hurt his shoulder, while striking out. After the inning, he talked to our over worked trainer George Poulos and manager John Gibbons and Gibbons wasted no time in taking him out of the game.

Danny Valencia moved from left field to second base and Ezequiel Carrera came in to play left and take Travis' spot in the batting order.

You'll likely remember that Devon went on the DL back in May, with a similar injury. He didn't play from May 17 to June 26, missing more than a month of ball. I hope he isn't out that long this time. I guess Ryan Goins is going to get some playing time at second base. Troy Tulowitzki needs to get here tomorrow now.

Travis has been hitting great since coming back from the D/L, hitting 357/.402/.488, including his home run today.

I was looking forward to seeing him hit lead off.

And official word on the injury: