Edwin Encarnacion out of tonight's lineup with a 'jammed finger'

New, 25 comments
Bob Stanton-USA TODAY Sports

The hits just keep coming for the Blue Jays. Devon Travis and Jose Bautista come out of yesterday's game, though Bautista is playing today, and today:

The news differs from reporter to reporter, some say it happened in batting practice today, some say he did it last night. Let's guess somewhere in the middle, he hurt it a bit last night and reinjured it in batting practice.

It sounds like he might be day-to-day.

So the complaint with the Tulowitzki trade was that we had too much offense, we are apparently working on fixing that.

I'm not sure why Colabello over Justin Smoak, I would love to see Smoak get some regular at bats, but I don't think it is likely to happen. Neither one is hitting much at the moment. Over the past two weeks:

Smoak: .174/.208/.348 with 1 home run in 24 PA.

Colabello: .190/.250/.381 with 1 home run in 24 PA.