The Troy Tulowitzki appreciation recap

New, 203 comments

A great win. After yesterday we needed that.

Dan Hamilton-USA TODAY Sports

PhilliesBlue Jays 8

I think we are going to love Troy Tulowitzki. All he did was homer in his second at bat, and double in his next two at bats. 3 RBI, 3 runs, 8 total bases and some very nice plays at short.

And this was a question on Jeopardy tonight:

And yes, my hopes are mile high.

Beyond Tulo, R.A. Dickey had a great start. That his 4th very good start in a row, and this time we scored for him. He went 8 innings, scattered 7 hits, just 1 walk, 3 strikeouts and no earned runs.

Both of the runs against him can because of errors. Russell Martin let a passed ball by on a strike three pitch to Darin Ruf, Martin got to the ball quick but his throw to first was a little short and Chris Colabello couldn't handle it and Dominic Brown scored from second. Then, in the 8th, after singles from Ben Revera and Freddy Galvis, Maikel Franco ground into a nicely turned double play, but when Ryan Howard popped one up foul, Danny Valencia ran a long way to get under the ball and then had it clank off his glove. It would have been the 3rd out. Howard followed that with a single.

All in all a great start for Dickey. Bo Schultz pitched the 9th.

We scored for Dickey and didn't stop scoring. We had 16 hits, including 5 extra base hits. Everyone in the starting lineup had at least one hit. We had multiple hits from Tulo (3) and 2 each from Josh Donaldson, Jose Bautista, Danny Valencia, Ezequiel Carrera and Ryan Goins. It was just a great game for the bats. We could have used some of those hits yesterday.

The Joe West umpire crew showed off why they are the worse crew in baseball, again. But, tonight, their missed plays were on plays that were reviewable (is that a word?).

Jays of the Day are Dickey (.304) and Tulo (.205). All the other batters deserve an honorable mention.

No Suckage Jays.

We really need to call up Dalton Pompey, Danny Valencia misplayed a line drive in the first inning for a double and had that dropped popup. I get that Pompey could be trade bait, but we can trade him from Toronto as easy as from Buffalo.

That was a great game for Tulo, we knew he was great but, to come in and get 3 extra base hits in his first game? He knows had to make fans.

We had 1429 comments in our much happier game threads. Pikachu led us to victory. Good job.

# Commenter # Comments
2 Kurupt 89
3 Alan F. 88
4 Momus3 82