Blue Jays one of four teams 'on' David Price

New, 256 comments
Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

I'm not sure what to make of this, but a rumor is a rumor.

I'll admit I have my doubts. I feel that, with four teams bidding, the price for Price will be more than I'd want to pay for a rental pitcher. Even one as good as David Price.

Price is having a great season, 2.53 ERA in 21 starts. In 146 innings, he's allowed 133 hits, 13 home runs, 29 walks and 138 strikeouts. His FIP is an even 3. He would be good to have for a 1-game Wild Card playoff.

The Jays really do need another starter. After giving Felix Doubront the DFA treatment, i have no idea who will be starting Sunday, and I'm not sure the Jays do either. Looking at the Bisons, Sunday would be Jeff Francis' start day. He had 7 shutout innings in his last start, with no walks and 4 strikeouts, but I don't think many of us want to be watching Francis again. Even with a 1.58 ERA in Buffalo, I don't think I'm up for that.