Sang till my lips turned blue: GameThread for Game 84: Jays @ Tigers

New, 797 comments
Nothing says pride in your nation more than this.
Nothing says pride in your nation more than this.
Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
The last game of the weekend series in Detroit. It can't be as bad as the first two.
I always think that good pitching is contagious, that you get a good start, and then the next guy gives you a good start and so on. I also think that bad pitching in contagious. And we've had a bad case of crappy pitching lately.
Miguel Cabrera was put on the DL yesterday, so that makes things a bit easier for Marco Estrada. Marco had 2 excellent starts, in his last three, but in his last start he couldn't find the plate. We have won 5 of his last 6 starts. As a starter, he has a 4.04 ERA, which, on our staff, is pretty good.
This is Justin Verlander's 4th start of the season, he was on the DL at the start of the year. He has a 5.09 ERA 17.2 innings and has given up 4 home runs. I hope we double his home run count today.
Justin Smoak gets a rare start. And Danny Valencia gets a turn in LF against a RHP. What do you bet he has good numbers in limited at bats vs. Verlander? Well, no not particularly, .308/.333/.385 in 15 PA. I doubt anyone would read anything into that. Just for fun....Ezequiel Carrera is 0 for 9 against Verlander and Chris Colabello is 0 for 3. Maybe we are matching up.
My TV has died. I think the Gods are telling me not to watch the game. They should know that I've never been known to do the smart thing.

Lineup

BLUE JAYS TIGERS
Jose Reyes, SS Ian Kinsler, 2B
Josh Donaldson, 3B Yoenis Cespedes, LF
Jose Bautista, RF Victor Martinez, DH
Edwin Encarnacion, DH JD Martinez, RF
Justin Smoak, 1B Alex Avila, 1B
Russell Martin, C Nick Castellanos, 3B
Danny Valencia, LF Brian McCann, C
Kevin Pillar, CF Anthony Gose, CF
Devon Travis, 2B Jose Iglesias, SS
Marco Estrada, P Justin Verlander, P

The title comes from a Joe Ely song "All Just to Get to You".
GO JAYS GO!

Remember we have rules here. Mostly don't be terrible (it seems like a small thing to ask). No arguing with the Mods, you have a problem, email Tom, but in the thread, let's not debate rules.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.