Blue Jays lose in extra innings

New, 78 comments
Kamil Krzaczynski-USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 6 White Sox 7 (11 innings)

You know, I don't even want to talk about that game, it was terrible to watch. 4 hours? You could get 2 Buehrle starts in that time.

Lets just do some random bullet points:

  • Drew Hutchison was, you know, bad, and unlucky. But mostly bad. 5 innings, 7 hits, 2 walks, 4 run.....he did strike out 6.
  • When we score 4 runs in an inning we should win. When we score 6 runs in a game we should win. But then....we really should have scored more.
  • Chris Colabello is an awful outfielder, with a terrible arm. First of all, he should have made the catch on that play in the 6th....and, from shallow left he should have been able to get his throw closer to the plate.
  • That might have been the worse ball/strike calling I've ever seen.
  • We witnessed some terrible base running. Avisail Garcia was thrown out, easily, trying to stretch a single into a double. Pinch runner Ryan Goins got tagged out after a run down, because he took off from second without waiting to see if a ground ball made it through the infield.
  • We had 10 hits on the day. 2 each for Josh Donaldson, Kevin Pillar and Devon Travis. Jays starters not to hit were Encarnacion (who did have a sac fly and walked) and Colabello ( 0 for 4 with a strikeout).
  • Jose Bautista had a bad day and bad series with the bat. He did get a single, but struck out 3 times.
  • Edwin Enacarnacion had the funniest moment of the game, knocking down a ground ball, juggling it and then swimming to first base. And he got the out.
  • Was that game really only 4 hours? Seemed so much longer.
  • Roberto Osuna working his 3rd game in 4 days, left a pitch in the middle of the zone, and that was the game. Feel sorry for the kid. He came into the game the 11th, some were complaining about him coming in then, but we were down to him and Tepera and we couldn't take the chance that Osuna would have to pitch several innings. Asking him to do 1 inning, after pinching last night and 2 nights before that, was asking a lot.
  • Jays of the Day: Donaldson (.248 WPA, 2 for 4, double, 2 RBI), Delabar (.275, 2 innings, 1 hit, 2 strikeouts) and Schultz (.107). I think all of us that watched that deserve a JoD too. I'm talking one.
  • Suckage: Oh just about everyone else: Osuna (-.362, totally unfair), Hendriks (-.157, not helped by Colabello in the outfield), Hutchison (-.147), Colabello (-.182, o for 4, plus the terrible throw), Bautista (-.136) and Reyes (.100, but he did have some good plays in the field). Give one to the plate umpire too.
Maybe tomorrow we can talk about this more. Or we could drink a bunch. Day game tomorrow....everyone show up on time now.

We had 1914 comments in the GameThread. Pikachu led us, good job.

# Commenter # Comments
3 Alan F. 143
8 Tom Dakers 100
9 Kurupt 94