Good start from R.A. Dickey, but Jays still lose to White Sox

New, 63 comments
Matt Marton-USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 0 White Sox 2

Man, this was frustrating series.

R.A. Dickey gives us his best start in weeks and we can't score for the poor guy. R.A. goes 7 innings, allowing just 2 runs on 4 hits, 2 walks with 6 strikeouts. He had a bit of trouble in the 6th. Adam Eaton hit a leadoff triple (RA saved the run, for the moment, by backing up third and betting there for Devon Travis' over throw), but then, after striking out Jose Abreu, a knuckleball got passed Russell Martin and Eaton scored. 2 pitches later Melky Cabrera hit a home run and that was all the scoring the White Sox would need.

With our offense, if you allow just 2 runs, we should win.

Jeff Samardzjia pitched a great game, a complete game shutout. He allowed just 4 hits, with 1 walk and 5 strikeouts. We had a couple of chances to score. In the top of the 6th, Ryan Goins got us our first hit, a 1-out single, then Travis had a hit and run infield single, with Goins going to 3rd. Guys on the corners, 1-out and Josh Donaldson up....it looked good, until Donaldson bounced into a double play.

And then, in the 9, Travis had a leadoff single, bringing the tying run to the plate. Again it was Donaldson at the plate and against he hit into a double play. Donaldson had a very tough day, 0 for 4, strikeout and 2 very deflating double plays.

Travis had 2 hits, Martin and Goins (and Ryan had our 1 walk) had a hit each. That was if for offense.

About the only really good moment, was Goins making a nice play to get an out on a ball that Travis booted in his direction.

Jays of the Day: Travis is the only guy with the number (.126 WPA). I'm also going to give one to Dickey. It wasn't his fault we couldn't score.

Suckage: Donaldson (-.357).

We had 607 comments in the GameThread. Belisarius led the way in a losing cause. Good work, gritty effort.

# Commenter # Comments
2 Pikachu 61
3 Alan F. 61
4 DangYouToHeck 57