FanPost

Batting order construction - 1985 vs. 2015

Like many others, I found the clinching game from 1985 on YouTube after the weekend celebration. I was only 8 years at the time but I know I watched that game (still have the Toronto Star from the next day). I was intrigued by the way the lineup was put together because it seems very different than today. I'd love to hear what others think.

Damaso Garcia 2B - Good hitter with speed
Lloyd Moseby CF - More speed with some power
Willie Upshaw 1B - Less power than Shaker
Al Oliver/Cliff Johnson DH - Old guys who used to hit adequately but were well past their prime
Rance Mulliniks/Garth Iorg 3B - Rance was a good hitter but Garth wasn't and neither had much power
George Bell LF - Big bat
Ernie Whitt C - Also had power
Jesse Barfield RF - Same as Bell

Tony Fernandez SS - Same as Damaso

What would today's lineup look like if it were put together similarly?