After R.A. Dickey's first inning, none of us expected a Jay win. Or even a close game. Well, we were right, it wasn't a close game, but we did get a win.
In the first inning, after being given a 1-run lead, R.A. gave up 6 hits (including a triple, caused, in part, by a bad decision to dive at a Mike Trout fly ball, by Jose Bautista), a hit batter and 5 runs. I'll admit I was thinking 'well, at least we won the first 2 games'. I guess I should have had more faith in the Jays offense.
R.A. would throw 5 more innings (another surprise) and didn't give up anymore runs, though he wasn't particularly sharp. After the first he gave up 5 more hits, and a walk, with just 1 strikeouts, but had some great defense behind him. Jays turned 3 double plays for R.A. (helped some by the Angels hitting the ball hard, but at fielders). In all he went 6, allowed 11 hits, 1 walk, 5 earned, 1 strikeout, 1 hit batter. He was pretty lucky, but we deserve some luck.
Brett Cecil, Aaron Sanchez and Roberto Osuna pitched the 7th, 8th and 9th respectively, not allowing another run.
For the third game in a row, we scored a bunch of runs. In the series we scored 36 runs, setting a new team record for a 3-game series (we'll better that next series).
Today we scored:
- 1 in the first: Josh Donaldson doubled, Jose Bautista singled and Edwin Encarnacion hit a sac fly.
- 2 in the second: Kevin Pillar and Ben Revere started the inning with singles. After Ryan Goins walked, Pillar and Revere scored on a Kaleb Cowart error on what should have been a double play ball off Troy Tulowitzki's bat.
- 3 in the third: Bautista led off with a double, Edwin scored him with a single. Pillar and Revere each singled again, scoring Bautista. Then another Angels error, this one by Erick Aybar, off Goins' bat, scored Pillar.
- 2 in the fourth: Back-to-back home runs from Bautista and Encarnacion.
- 1 in the sixth: Walks by Tulowitzki and Donaldson started the inning. Edwin singled to load the bases. Justin Smoak hit a sac fly.
- 2 in the eighth: Tulo and Donaldson started this inning with singles. Bautista walked to load the bases. Edwin and Pillar singled to drive in a run each.
- 1 in the ninth: Goins hit a ground rule double, Tulo singled, and Goins scored on a ground ball double play by Donaldson.
|8||Drinkin' Wit' Terrell Farley||65|
|35||red hot blues||10|