The Jays have released a few little bits of news:
- Marco Estrada will get the start in game one (they tell us this right after I put up a poll, spoilsports). I think it is the right choice, not that there really was a wrong one among the top four.
- Aaron Sanchez will only make one start in the ALCS. So, I’d guess than makes him game four’s starter.
- They are ‘leaning towards’ having Devon Travis on the roster, saying that he is healing up quickly.
- Gibby told reporters that “much” of the roster decisions depend on the progress of Francisco Liriano. I’m hoping he makes the team. If he doesn’t, I would imagine they will carry an extra reliever and no Dalton Pompey. If Liriano is able to play, I’m figuring Dalton will be on the roster.
- Joaquin Benoit won’t be ready to play in the ALCS. I think we knew that. I can’t see him being back for the World Series either.