GameThread: Spring Game 1

New, 435 comments
Butch Dill-USA TODAY Sports

The Blue Jays (and Phillies) start their spring baseball schedule today at 1:00 Eastern. The good news is that the game is on MLB.TV. Well, it is good news if you subscribe to MLB.TV. I do, I think it is well worth the money, but then I watched games on my phone in Paris last year. I do watch a lot of baseball. With the subscription, I'll often have a game on, in a corner of my computer screen, watching when things get interesting.

Baseball! Actual baseball. Well actual fake baseball, but baseball. I'm going to enjoy it today, because, in a couple of weeks, I'll be tired of spring baseball and wanting real baseball.

There are a few of little bits of Blue Jays news:

  • Aaron Loup is going to rest a sore arm for a few days and Marco Estrada has a tight back and will rest it for a could of days as well.
  • Edwin Encarnacion will also miss a couple of days after having a tooth pulled.
  • Gibby told reporters that he'll be holding Jose Bautista back from the first few spring games, giving him a few extra days off, considering how much baseball he played last year and his age. He'll be doing the same with Troy Tulowitzki.

Today's scheduled pitchers are Marcus Stroman, Drew Hutchison, Steve Delabar, Ryan Tepera, Chad Jenkins and Scott Copeland.

Tomorrow's pitchers: R.A. Dickey, Aaron Sanchez, Jesse Chavez, David Aardsma and Scott Diamond.

Gavin Floyd starts Thursday and J.A. Happ on Friday, which is the first game that Sportsnet is showing on TV.

Today's lineup:

If you are watching the game or following on radio, join us in the thread.