And the game ends in a tie. The teams decided not to play extras, when the Jays tied it in the bottom of the 9th.
R.A. Dickey pitched a good 2 innings. He did give up a run off 2 ground ball single, but neither 'sounded' hard hit (presuming Wilner was telling the truth.He had one strikeout.
Aaron Sanchez also had a good first inning, he gave up a couple of ground ball singles as well, one off Josh Donaldson's glove but had 2 strikeouts and a ground out in his first inning. Wilner said he was throwing 97 and 98, also throwing his curve and a 91 mph change. In the second inning, got a ground out, gave up a solo home run (off a 90 mph change), another ground out and a strikeout. In all 3 strikeouts, 2 ground ball singles, 3 ground outs and the solo homer, the only ball hit in the air against him.
- Jesse Chavez had a good 2 innings as well, no hits, 1 walk and 2 strikeouts.
- David Aardsma gave up a lead off walk and a 2-out triple to allow the Phillies to tie the game in the 7th. He got a line out, ground out and pop out.
- Scott Diamond pitched a quick 8th, getting 3 ground outs.
- Ben Rowen, wanting to save us from extra innings, allowed back-to-back doubles, to start the 9th. giving the Phillies the lead.
- Kevin Pillar: 0 for 3, he didn't seem to be 'working the count' in the leadoff spot.
- Donaldson: 1 for 1 and a hit by pitch. He was ok after being hit.
- Russell Martin: 0 for 2.
- Michael Saunders: 0 for 2.
- Ryan Goins: 1 for 2, triple, 2 RBI.
- Domonic Brown (if he make the team, I'm going to have to remember how he spells his first name): 1 for 3, RBI.
- Casey Kotchman: 0 for 2, strikeout.
- Jio Mier: 1 for 2, strikeout.
- Humberto Quintero: 0 for 2, 2 strikeouts.
- Junior Lake: 1 for 2, and a caught stealing.
- Andy Burns: 0 for 2.
- Roemon Fields: 0 for 1.
- Richard Urena: 2 for 2, singles. Also a nice play in the field, cutting off a runner from third at the plate, on a ground ball.
- Rowdy Tellez: 1 for 2.
- Tony Sanchez: 0 for 1, walk.
- Anthony Alford: 0 for 2. Struck out to end the game with the winning run at 3rd.
The Jays are now 1-0-1 this spring.