Thursday Bantering: Encarnacion 100% and other links

New, 48 comments
Butch Dill-USA TODAY Sports

With the start of the season just about here, everyone is writing about the Blue Jays.

  • Edwin Encarnacion went 0-for-5 today in an minor league spring training game and after told reporters that he was "100% healthy" and ready to go. I have a feeling he might have a slow start, while he gets his timing down, but he's had slow starts before and everything turned out fine in the end.
  • Gregor Chisholm has a very nice look into a 'day in the life' of Jerry Howarth.
  • Our own Scott C took part in "Playing Peppers" round table on the Jays.
  • Shi Davidi has an interview with MVP Josh Donaldson. Here is one of the questions:

Do you believe protection in a batting lineup comes more from who's hitting behind you, or having guys get on base in front of you?

"Having guys get on base helps. There were several times throughout the course of last year where, if I was in Oakland I'd know for sure I'd see four fingers out, walk, and they came at me because now I have Bautista behind me. I was the fourth MVP award winner to not be intentionally walked the entire season. That says a lot for the guy behind me, it wasn't because I was having a bad year, it was because they were scared to death of that guy behind me."

And a couple of non-Blue Jays links:
Lastly, Bovada.lv has sent out their odds on a number of player stats. I'll pass on the Blue Jays ones (though I'm sure the J.A. Happ one is a typo. If not, I'm putting down every dollar I have on the under).

Toronto Blue Jays Regular Season Props

Josh Donaldson - Total BA in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under .290

Josh Donaldson - Total HR's in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under 34½

Josh Donaldson - Total RBI's in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under 105½

Josh Donaldson - Total Runs in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under 101½

Jose Bautista - BA in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under .265

Jose Bautista - Total HR's in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under 35½

Jose Bautista - Total RBI's in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under 101½

Jose Bautista - Total Runs Scored in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under 100½

Troy Tulowitzki - BA in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under .280

Troy Tulowitzki - Total HR's in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under 24½

Troy Tulowitzki - Total RBI's in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under 80½

Edwin Encarnacion - BA in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under .270

Edwin Encarnacion - Total HR's in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under 33½

Edwin Encarnacion - Total RBI's in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under 100½

Russell Martin - Total HR's in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under 15½

Russell Martin - Total RBI's in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under 65½

Kevin Pillar - Total Stolen Bases in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under 24½

Marcus Stroman - Total Wins in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under 13½

Marcus Stroman - ERA in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under 3.25

R.A Dickey - Total Wins in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under 12½

Marco Estrada - Total Wins in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under 12½

J.A. Happ - Total Wins in the 2016 Regular Season
Over/Under 31½