Saturday Spring GameThread: Phillies @ Jays

New, 151 comments
Drew is a natural model.
Butch Dill-USA TODAY Sports

Our third game, this spring, against the Phillies. It is good having close neighbors that are in the other league. The game is on Sportsnet and MLB.TV.

Today Drew Hutchison starts. He's in a spot where every time out there is important, if he wants to be in the rotation this yeat. He's got to show he can keep the ball low in the zone. Also to pitch today are Steve Delabar, Ryan Tepera, Conner Greene and David Aardsma. Other than Greene, you have 3 guys that are hoping for a spot in the bullpen.

With it being in Dunedin, there are more regulars in today's lineup. Troy Tulowitzki gets to lead off, but don't read anything into that.

sat

Michael Saunders had a hard hit single the other day. I been watching him to see if he's limping or anything and if he can get power behind his swing.

Late change, Barney will bat 6th and Thole 7th. They want Barney's bat higher in the order.

I'm not planning to watch the whole game, I'm going to go for a bike ride, it is a beautiful day here in Calgary.

GO JAYS GO!

You all know the rules by now. Mostly don't be terrible (it seems like a small thing to ask). No arguing with the Mods, you have a problem, email Tom, but in the thread, let's not debate rules. Reminder that we don't discuss illegal streams here.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.