Quick Recap: Jays beat Twins

New, 43 comments
Jonathan Dyer-USA TODAY Sports

Twins 3 Blue Jays 9

The Jays keep showing off the bats. Today they got home runs from Darrell Ceciliani (a grand slam in the first) and David Adams.

And, once again, we got some good pitching. Gavin Floyd started, threw 3 innings, allowed just 1 hit (a home run), 1 earned, no walks with 2 strikeouts. There were some hard hit balls that found gloves, but he was getting quick outs. A good effort that won't hurt his chances for the 5th starter job.

Other pitchers:

  • Roberto Hernandez: 2 innings, no hits or walks, 2 strikeouts.
  • Brad Penny: 1 inning, 2 hits, 1 strikeout.
  • Steve Delabar: 1 inning, gave up a double and a crushed home run, a walk and 2 strikeouts. Not a good showing.
  • Ryan Tepera: 1 clean inning, with a strikeout.
  • Chad Girodo: Got a fly out, gave up an infield single and got a strikeout, before being pulled with 1 out left in the game. Why? I don't know. To make the game longer I guess.
  • Brady Dragmire: He got the last out, a ground ball that deflected off him, that Jon Berti made a nice play on to end the game, before Gibby could put in another pitcher
Batters:

We got a ton of offense again.
  • Troy Tulowitzki: 2 for 2, walk.
  • Josh Donaldson: 2 for 3, one of his hits he showed off some hustle to beat out a infield single.
  • Michael Saunders: 0 for 2, walk. He showed some speed, going hard down the line to beat out a double play, and ran good to make a catch in the outfield. But no home runs today.
  • Justin Smoak: 2 for 3, double. He's having a nice spring, so far.
  • Domonic Brown: 0 for 2, walk, strikeout.
  • Josh Thole: 0 for 2, strikeout.
  • Darrell Ceciliani: 2 for 3, grand slam.
  • Jio Mier: 1 for 3, strikeout.
  • David Adams: 1 for 2, home run.
  • A.J. Jimenez: 1 for 2, single.
  • Dalton Pompey: 1 for 2, double (should have been a triple but he tripped rounding second).
That makes the Jays 6-1-1 for the spring.