Quick Recap: Jays beat Rays

New, 32 comments
Darwin Barney with the tag.
Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 5 Rays 1

Now that was the J.A. Happ I remember. King of the full count. If we get ahead of a batter, we nibble until the count is full. If we fall behind a batter, we work to even the count (that latter thing is good). We take our time between pitches. Anyway, it was an ok Happ outing. 2.2 innings, 4 hits allowed, 1 earned, 1 walk, 3 strikeouts. He was to go 3 innings but ran the pitch count up too quick.

Rays pitcher, Chris Archer, had some troubles in the first inning and had 2 runners score on wild pitches.

Other pitchers:

  • Blake McFarland: Got the last out of the 3rd inning, after giving up a hit.
  • Conner Greene: 1 inning, 1 hit, 1 walk. Wilner and Barker were impressed with his 'stuff'.
  • Wade LeBlanc: 1 inning, 1 hit.
  • Arnold Leon: 1 inning, 1 walk, 1 strikeout.
  • David Aardsma: 1 inning, 1 strikeout.
  • Scott Diamond: 1 clean inning.
  • Wil Browning: 1 inning, 3 strikeouts.
Batters:
  • Kevin Pillar: 1 for 2 triple, walk. .143 spring average.
  • Ryan Goins: 2 for 3, 2 RBI, strikeout. .357.
  • Dalton Pompey: 1 for 4, strikeout. .214.
  • Chris Colabello: 1 for 2, walk. .357.
  • Casey Kotchman: 1 for 4, RBI, strikeout. .273.
  • Junior Lake: 0 for 3, walk, strikeout. .214.
  • Darwin Barney: 0 for 3, 2 strikeouts. .429.
  • Matt Dominguez: 1 for 3, strikeout. .333.
  • Tony Sanchez: 1 for 3. .143.
  • Ezequiel Carrera: 1 for 2, strikeout..091.
  • Andy Burns: 1 for 2, triple, strikeout. .273.
The Jays are now 7-1-1. Tomorrow the Jays visit the Yankees in Tampa Bay, and it will be on MLB.TV.