We haven't done one of these for a bit. Last time they polled 37% approve, 38% neutral and 25% do not approve.
I got told, on twitter, that the players aren't trying because of Shapiro. There is so many leaps in logic that it's hard to argue. But it implies:
- The players care who is the team president.
- The players are willing to sacrifice future contracts to make a point against the team president/GM.
- And that trying is all that it takes to win games. The team that tries harder always wins.
- I thought getting Drew Storen for Ben Revere was a great move but Storen has been terrible.
- They got lucky that the Saunders' trade didn't go through.
- Signing Marco Estrada and J.A. Happ, over David Price seems to have worked great.
- The Liam Hendriks/Jesse Chavez trade hasn't worked for either team.
- The Gavin Floyd signing and the rule 5 pick up of Joe Biagini look really good, at least at the moment.
- Right now, it is looking like they were smart to not to sign Edwin Encarnacion and Jose Bautista to huge extensions. At very least the asking price should be going down.