Today we get rounds 11-40, starting at noon eastern. Today is 'rapid fire' drafting, they go from one pick to the next 'without a break', but often there is a moment or two while the team pretend they are having phone troubles or something.
We'll just list the Jays picks in this post, but, and add more words about any of the more interesting picks later on. Picks by round:
11. Travis Hosterman, LHP, Hagerty HS (Florida)
12. Ridge Smith, C, Austin Peay State University.
13. Chris Lincoln, RHP, Rancho Verde HS (California)
14. Chris Hall, RHP, Elon University
15. Josh Winchowski, RHP, Estero HS (Florida)
16. Dom Taccolini, RHP, University of Arkansas
17. Clayton Keyes, OF, Bishop Carroll High School in Calgary, AB
Tom: A friend of my son's apparently. He isn't planning on signing. Planning on University.
18. Bradley Jones, 3B, College of Charleston
19. Spencer Van Scoyuc, LHP, Jefferson HS (Iowa)
20. Angel Alicea, RHP, Alabama State
21. Mitch McKown, RHP, Seminole State College
22. Connor Eller, RHP, Southern Arkansas
23. Dom Abbadessa, CF, Huntington Beach HS
24. Mike Ellenbest, RHP, Saginaw Valley St. U.
25. Casey Legumina, RHP, Basha High School (Arizona)
26. Ben Anderson, RHP, Shenendehowa HS (NY)...pretty sure he's Ian Anderson's twin.
27. Ryan Gold, C, Carolina Forst HS (South Carolina)
28. Blake Ebo, OF, Trenton Catholic Academy (NJ), has a university commitment to the University of the Pacific, but never know.
29. Andrew Deramo, RHP, Central Florida
30. Jake Fishman, LHP, Union College (NJ)
31. Marcus Still, CF, Scottsdale CC
32. David Jacob, 1B, Quincy University
33. Brayden Bouchey, RHP, Louisiana Monroe (6'6" 212 lb, from Surray BC)
34. Shea Langeliers, C, Heller HS (Texas)
35. Jared Carkuff, RHP, Austin Peay
36. Dustin Skelton, C, Magnolia Height HS (Mississippi)
37. Luke Gillingham, LHP, Navy
Matt W's quick commentary: Gillingham is a 6'3", 200 pound college senior who has been flat out dominant the last couple years for Navy (26 starts, 175 innings, 38 BB, 204 K), and has the stuff of a legit prospect. If they can sign him, I absolutely love this pick. Hopefully like Chris Rowley a couple years ago, he plays this summer, serves for a couple years and then can take a shot at pro ball. With how well Rowley has worked out, this could be a really really great gamble.
Further reading: A great profile by Aaron Fitt of D1Baseball from March
38. Alex Segal, LHP, Chaparral HS (Arizona)
39. Chavez Young, CF, Faith Baptist Christian Academy (Florida)
40. Carter Loewen, RHP, Yale Secondary School (Abbotsford, BC)