Another series with the Astros. We played them just a few days ago, so I didn't ask Crawfish Boxes for another 'View from the other side', but you can go read the one from last series.
I'm hoping the Canadian Women's soccer game is over by game time. Also hoping for a win. Not sad to see the US team lose, especially after seeing Hope Solo's rather stupid comments. She's really embracing the Olympic spirit.
In the last serirs neither team could hit. I guess we'll see how much of that was the Astros ballpark and how much was the pitching.
There are bits of news:
- Aaron Sanchez will have the odd start skipped.
- Ezequiel Carrera is expected to be back next Tuesday
- Colby Rasmus is out after having a cyst removed from his ear.
- Jake Marisnick is out day-to-day with a groin injury.
- They have brought up a prospect Teoscar Hernandez, an outfielder. Astros.com had him at #12 on their top prospect list and he's playing CF tonight.
|HOUSTON ASTROS||TORONTO BLUE JAYS|
|George Springer - RF||Devon Travis - 2B|
|Alex Bregman - 3B||Josh Donaldson - 3B|
|Jose Altuve - 2B||Edwin Encarnacion - DH|
|Carlos Correa - SS||Michael Saunders - RF|
|Marwin Gonzalez - LF||Troy Tulowitzki - SS|
|Evan Gattis - DH||Russell Martin - C|
|Tyler White - 1B||Justin Smoak - 1B|
|Teoscar Hernandez - CF||Melvin Upton Jr. - CF|
|Jason Castro - C||Darrell Ceciliani - LF|
|Joe Musgrove - RHP||Francisco Liriano - LHP|
GO JAYS GO!
As always, remember we have rules around there. Mostly it's "don't be terrible". If a moderator ask you to stop doing something, please stop, don't debate the rules in the thread. Send Tom a note instead (he doesn't get near enough email).
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.