There were a mess of roster moves and Blue Jays news after last night’s game. I thought we would put them all in one spot.
- Darwin Barney left the team for ‘personal reasons’. I don’t want to guess what the reason is, but he could be on the Bereavement list (which would have him miss 3 to 7 games) or Paternity list (which he could be on for 1 to 3 games). After tomorrow’s game, it doesn’t matter so much as we’d have the expanded roster, so if he needs more time he can take it. I'd imagine he got a call before or during the game and the Jays let the Bisons know to pull Ryan Goins from their game. Goins is on his way to Baltimore for tomorrow’s game.
- Bo Schultz has been sent out to make room for Aaron Sanchez, so he can make tomorrow’s start. I’m sure Schultz will be back, at some point in September. I guess 10 days, if he’s going off to Buffalo or I suppose they could send him to Bluefield and he could be back much quicker, presuming they don’t make the playoffs (I don't think that's a possibility as of late last night the Burlington Royals took both halves of a double-header clinching first place in the Appalachian League).
- And Josh Thole cleared waivers (surprise), so he’s a free agent (though odds are the Jays have signed him by the time this posts). I’d think they will sign him to a minor league contract today, so he would be eligible for playoffs, in case Martin or Navarro get hurt.
- And not Jays news, but Noah Syndergaard is my favorite non-Blue Jay in baseball.
- If you want to see my least favorite player, Rougned Odor get thrown out trying to stretch a double into a double (is that a bat flip? does he have to punch himself?). I can’t embed it but you can see it here. You can also see him get caught stealing third. But, the less said about the end of the game the better.