Game #156 GameThread: Yankees @ Jays

New, comments
Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports

Our last game of the season with the Godless Yankees. I can smell a sweep in the air.

Luis Severino makes his first start for the Yankees since August 14. In that one he gave up 7 runs in 3.2 innings. He's pitched much better out of the bullpen, but he is 0-8 with a 8.58 ERA as a starter. I'd imagine the Yankees have told him to act like it is a relief appearance, Go hard, don't try to save anything for later innings. Then they can take him out after a couple of innings and use everyone.

J.A. Happ is trying to become the first Jay to win more than 20 games since Roy Halladay won 22 back in 2003.

It is likely that Roberto Osuna and Joaquin Benoit will get getting a day off. I'd guess Grilli would be closer, should we need one.

Michael Saunders and Justin Smoak get starts today.

Gibby had this to say about a possible Wild Card Game and the rotation for the series with the Orioles:

Today's Lineups

NEW YORK YANKEES TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Brett Gardner - LF Devon Travis - 2B
Jacoby Ellsbury - CF Josh Donaldson - 3B
Gary Sanchez - C Edwin Encarnacion - DH
Billy Butler - DH Jose Bautista - RF
Chase Headley - 3B Russell Martin - C
Mark Teixeira - 1B Troy Tulowitzki - SS
Didi Gregorius - SS Michael Saunders - LF
Aaron Hicks - RF Justin Smoak - 1B
Ronald Torreyes - 2B Kevin Pillar - CF
Luis Severino - RHP J.A. Happ - LHP

GO JAYS GO!

As always, remember we have rules around there. Mostly it's "don't be terrible". If a moderator ask you to stop doing something, please stop, don't debate the rules in the thread. Send Tom a note instead (he doesn't get near enough email).

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.