Jesus Montero suspended 50 games

New, comments
MLB: Los Angeles Angels at Seattle Mariners
We don’t have pictures of Jesus in Blue Jays stuff.
Joe Nicholson-USA TODAY Sports

Buffalo Bisons’ DH/1B Jesus Montero has ben suspended for 50 games for using a banned stimulant.

The suspension will have him missing the first 50 games of next season.

Montero was the Bisons MVP. He hit .317/.349/.438 with 11 home runs, 23 walks and 78 strikeouts in 126. I’m not sure what his plans are for next year, but I’m sure the Bisons wouldn’t mind having him back.

Also the Jays announced some ‘restructuring’ in the front office:

  • Joe Sheehan moves up to Assistant General Manager, from his former job of Manager, Baseball Research and Development.
  • Perry Minasian is named Special Assistant to the GM. He has been the Director of Professional Scouting since October 2009.
  • Steve Sanders was hired as Amateur Scouting Director. He was hired away from the Red Sox, where he was Assistant Director, Amateur Scouting.

The team has made a number of moves of late, most notably adding Ben Cherington as Vice President of Baseball Operations.