Thursday Bantering: Darwin Barney avoids arbitration

New, comments

Barney signs for 1-year and $2.8875 million

ALCS - Toronto Blue Jays v Cleveland Indians - Game Two Photo by Elsa/Getty Images

Update:

Jays also come to agreement with Ezequiel Carerra, skip arbitration for a $1,162,500 1-year deal.

The Jays signed Darwin Barney to a 1-year, $2.8875 to avoid going to arbitration with him. Or at least so says Jon Heyman and why would he lie?

Darwin played in 104 games, last season, for the Jays. He hit .269/.322/.373 with 4 home runs. That earned him a pretty great raise, he mamde just over $1 million last year.

Darwin had a great start to the season. On June 6 Barney was hitting .337/.385/.475. His hitting went downhill from there, but he played decent defense at 2B, SS and 3B, and played a little bit of outfield. He even pitched an inning, giving up a solo homer, but also getting a strikeout.

Other than that, there isn’t much for Blue Jays news....There was an ‘alert’ on my phone saying that the Jays ‘remind in contact with Michael Saunders’, which I imagine means they exchanged Christmas cards (hmmmm I didn’t get a Christmas card from the Jays this year).

And...well, you can watch Josh Donaldson on Vikings tonight: