Friday Open Thread: Jose Bautista?

New, 158 comments
ALCS - Cleveland Indians v Toronto Blue Jays - Game Three Photo by Vaughn Ridley/Getty Images

There isn’t much for news yet today, I’m expecting we will hear that the Jays and Marcus Stroman have come to an agreement sometime soon. And we are waiting for news on Aaron Loup contract too. I’d expect to hear soon on both. I wouldn’t think they will be going in front of an arbitrator for either.

It sounds like the Jose Bautista free agency saga might be coming to an end.

Mark Shapiro told Jeff Blair that “We clearly need a corner outfielder and Jose’s probably the most talented one out there as far as offensive production goes and pedigree and track record” and “On top of that he’s got a premium in this marketplace because of what he’s meant to this franchise over the last eight seasons and who he is in this market and the impact he’s made in the community here.”

They also talked a bit about the value of a draft pick, but it sounds like they’ve pretty much decided that having Jose is better than getting the draft pick.

I don’t know why they don’ just get it over with and sign the guy.

Use the thread to talk about whatever Jays related stuff you like.