Blue Jay Rumors: Jays ‘nearing’ deal with Bautista?

New, comments
MLB: ALCS-Cleveland Indians at Toronto Blue Jays John E. Sokolowski-USA TODAY Sports

We’ve been fooled by rumors before, but it is quite possible that the Blue Jays are in negotiations to (finally) sign Jose Bautista.

I won’t really believe it until, you know, we get an official announcement of the signing but:

Of course, I would prefer Bautista as a first baseman, but I’m guessing the Jays will continue to stick him in right (if it is true that they are signing him)

We’ll add to this when/if we hear more.

Update:

Well, more likely to be true: