The Jays travel to Bradenton to face the Pirates. Well, some Jays travel to face the Pirates. The game isn’t on TV, Sportsnet has hockey instead.
Jose Tabata is in the lineup today.
Mike Bolsinger gets the start. He has pitched 6 innings, this spring, allowed 6 hits, 3 earned, 1 home run, 5 walks and has 7 strikeouts. The strikeout number looks good, the walks don’t. He doesn’t have any options left, so it is make the team or get the DFA/waivers treatment. At the moment I don’t see him making the team.
There isn’t much for news:
- Gibby mentioned how well Aaron Loup has been pitching, so perhaps he has the inside track on the second lefty spot.
- Mat Latos said that he would be willing to pitch in Buffalo.
- Josh Donaldson will play in a major league spring game in the next few days and it is looking more and more like Devon Travis might be ready to go by the time the season starts.
- Jose Bautista missed yesterday’s WBC game with back tightness. It doesn’t sound serious.
- Not Jays news, but Josh Thole had a calf muscle tear and is likely to miss the season.
- I had an ‘alert’ that the Jays were interested in Kelly Johnson. I don’t see it myself. I think we have enough for backup infielders.
- Brett Lawrie still doesn’t have an employer. I thought someone would grab him up, I still don’t see the Jays picking him up.
Jays goin to Bradenton today with this lineup pic.twitter.com/RMf0d8Ui2X— mark zwolinski (@markzwol) March 19, 2017