That was a nice final warm up for Francisco Liriano. He went 3.2 (Jays are cutting back on the pitch counts for the last starts before the season), allowed 2 hits, 2 walks 1 earned, with 4 strikeouts. He had a bit of trouble with the strike zone in the 4th inning., but he looked good.
Offensively, we had some hard hit balls. Tellez and Upton hit homers. Morales hit one off the top of the wall.
- Mike Bolsinger didn’t make the case he deserves ]the last spot in the bullpen. He gave up 5 hits, 3 earned, 1 walk with 1 strikeout. He only got the one out. He also had 2 wild pitches. Either he was wild or he was hit hard. I really don’t want him on the team, and I’m not worried about someone taking him off waivers.
- Tim Mayze had a very good inning. No base runners, 1 strikeout.
- John Stilson looked very good as well. No Base runners, 1 strikeout.
- Alonzo Gonazalez: 1 inning, 1 k, just like the last two,
- Dusty Isaacs: 1 inning, 1 hit, 1 k.
- Justin Shafer: 1 inning, 1 hit, 1 walk, 1 k, wild pitch. A couple of hard hit foul balls.
- Kevin Pillar: 1 for 2. Nice opposite field hit. .345.
- Ezequiel Carrera: 1 for 2, double. .250.
- Josh Donaldson: 0 for 1, walk. .250.
- Darwin Barney: 1 for 2, k. .250.
- Kendrys Morales: 1 for 2, double (high off the opposite field wall, would be a homer in Rogers). .354.
- Gregorio Petit: 0 for 3, k. .300.
- Troy Tulowitzki: 1 for 2, double. .289.
- Justin Smoak: 1 for 2, single, and was robbed on a line drive in his second at bat. .226. Ended spring on a hot streak.
- Russell Martin: 1 for 1, 1 hit by pitch, 1 walk. .143.
- Rowdy Tellez: 1 for 1, home run, opposite field. .281.
- Steve Pearce: 1 for 2, .250.
- Jonathan Davis: 0 for 2, 2 k. .200.
- Salty: 0 for 2, walk, 2 k. .222.
- Mike Ohlman: 0 for 1, k. .259.
- Melvin Upton: 1 for 2, home run. .194. I’m not a big fan, but if they let him go to keep Goins, I will be sad.
- Ryan Goins: 0 for 2, k. .161.
- Jake Elmore: 1 for 2, double. Also stole 3rd. .310. If his glove hadn’t looked so bad this spring, I’d be wanting him to make the team.