Game #35 GameThread: Mariners @ Blue Jays

New, comments
Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

So it is the battle of the injury decimated teams.

The M's had a late scratch, Robinson Cano is out, "day-to-day" with a quad injury (is that 4 injuries?). I'm ok with him missing this series.

Now the question is: Will Chase De Jong get the same warm welcome that Edwin received. No? That's not the question? Most won't know that Chase was in the Jays system until they traded him to the Dodgers, back in 2015, for "internation bonus" money. Chase has played in 4 games, making 2 starts. He has a 6.75 ERA in 13.1 innings. He's allowed 16 hits, 3 home runs, 5 walks and 6 strikeouts.

Estrada has been Estrada, consistent and we need a consistent starting pitcher.

Bautista is DH again. Barney sits, Coghlan is playing third. Odds of a Coghlan error?

Today's Lineups

SEATTLE MARINERS TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Jean Segura - SS Kevin Pillar - CF
Ben Gamel - RF Ezequiel Carrera - RF
Nelson Cruz - DH Jose Bautista - DH
Kyle Seager - 3B Justin Smoak - 1B
Danny Valencia - 1B Steve Pearce - LF
Taylor Motter - LF Ryan Goins - SS
Mike Freeman - 2B Devon Travis - 2B
Tuffy Gosewisch - C Chris Coghlan - 3B
Jarrod Dyson - CF Luke Maile - C
Chase De Jong - RHP Marco Estrada - RHP

GO JAYS GO!

As always, remember we have rules around there. Mostly it's "don't be terrible". If a moderator ask you to stop doing something, please stop. Remember losing makes Tom a wee bit grumpy. Also don't debate the rules in the thread. Send Tom a note instead (he doesn't get near enough email).

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.