Blue Jays mid-term report card: Grade Marcus Stroman’s first half

New, 52 comments
MLB: Toronto Blue Jays at New York Yankees Adam Hunger-USA TODAY Sports

Marcus Stroman is always going to be one of my favorite Blue Jays. I like guys that have fun.

He’s having a good season, 9-5, 3.28 ERA, 3.88 FIP. He doesn’t get a lot of strikeouts, but he gets a ton of ground balls.

He threw 2 complete games in April, since then he’s hasn’t been past 7 innings, but he’s still getting us late into games, most starts.

For me, he should have been an All-Star. I don’t get why he wasn’t, but he seems to get a lot of respect from his opponents. Evan Longoria has him as one of the five toughest pitchers he’s faced. Steve Souza tweeted that he should be an All-Star.

His last start

I do like that he has shown that he should be a starter, I hated the argument that, because he was short, he should be a reliever. It seemed like something that people would say because they didn’t know anything about baseball history.

I am worried about the blister thing. It seems like there is a bit more of a problem with blisters this year.

Oh, and his home run? Best moment of the season.

Poll

For the first half, I’d give Marcus Stroman an

This poll is closed

  • 47%
    (302 votes)
  • 40%