Game #80 GameThread: Red Sox @ Jays

New, 666 comments
Tim Heitman-USA TODAY Sports

Good Morning, at least where I am it is morning.

I'd love some runs today. And I'd love to see Josh get a hit. He has 1 in his last 5 games.

Joe Biagini is pitching for his spot in the rotation today.

Did you know our offense has the 5th fewest strikeouts in the AL? I figured we'd be near the other end of the list. I'd imagine we are near the top of the league in soft contact (he looked, 5th from the top in soft contact, 4th from the bottom in hard contact). We are at the bottom of the league in BABIP.

There is some news:

  • Aaron Sanchez is starting in Buffalo
  • Jays have signed Eric Pardinho from Brazil. He's 5'10", RHP. Can hit 95 with his fastball. He's 16 and he can throw 95 mph. I can hit 60 on a good day. He got $1.4 million.
  • They also signed Miguel Hiraldo from the Dominican Republic. A likely 3B, some call him the best hitter in the class.
  • There are a few others listed on Baseball America. Alejandro Melean RHP from Venezuela.Leonardo Jimenez SS from Panama. Alberto Rodriguez OF Dominican Republic.

Today's Lineups

BOSTON RED SOX TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Mookie Betts - RF Jose Bautista - RF
Dustin Pedroia - 2B Russell Martin - C
Xander Bogaerts - SS Josh Donaldson - 3B
Mitch Moreland - 1B Justin Smoak - 1B
Jackie Bradley - CF Kendrys Morales - DH
Hanley Ramirez - DH Troy Tulowitzki - SS
Andrew Benintendi - LF Steve Pearce - LF
Christian Vazquez - C Kevin Pillar - CF
Tzu-Wei Lin - 3B Darwin Barney - 2B
Drew Pomeranz - LHP Joe Biagini - RHP

GO JAYS GO!

As always, remember we have rules around there. Mostly it's "don't be terrible". If a moderator ask you to stop doing something, please stop. Remember losing makes Tom a wee bit grumpy. Also don't debate the rules in the thread. Send Tom a note instead (he doesn't get near enough email).

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.