Game #96 GameThread: Blue Jays @ Cleveland

New, 692 comments
Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports

The start of a new series, against the Clevelanders.

Marco Estrada has another shot at fixing whatever it is that is going wrong. He's only got one more start, after this, before the trade deadline, so I'd think there will be a number of scouts in the stands. I wonder why, in this day and age, teams send scouts to MLB games. You can get all the information you need watching on TV or computer these days.

Drone Boy pitches for Cleveland. He's not having a great season either, 5.59 ERA in 18 starts. His FIP is much lower. 4.09, so maybe he hasn't been as bad as his ERA looks and he has 105 k in 93 innings.

Today's Lineups

TORONTO BLUE JAYS CLEVELAND
Jose Bautista - RF Bradley Zimmer - CF
Russell Martin - C Francisco Lindor - SS
Josh Donaldson - 3B Michael Brantley - LF
Justin Smoak - 1B Edwin Encarnacion - DH
Kendrys Morales - DH Jose Ramirez - 3B
Troy Tulowitzki - SS Carlos Santana - 1B
Ezequiel Carrera - LF Abraham Almonte - RF
Kevin Pillar - CF Roberto Perez - C
Ryan Goins - 2B Erik Gonzalez - 2B
Marco Estrada - RHP Trevor Bauer - RHP

GO JAYS GO!

As always, remember we have rules around there. Mostly it's "don't be terrible". If a moderator ask you to stop doing something, please stop. Remember losing makes Tom a wee bit grumpy. Also don't debate the rules in the thread. Send Tom a note instead (he doesn't get near enough email).

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.