Tonight’s lineup: Tulo in, Morales out

New, 21 comments

And bits of Blue Jays news.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays at Cleveland Indians David Richard-USA TODAY Sports

There isn’t much for Blue Jays news today.

Lucas Harrell has been outrighted to Buffalo. And new Jay Rob Refsnyder has been assigned to Buffalo.

And Mike Wilner had a bunch of tweets quoting Gibby. Among the bits of news:

  • He’s excited about Ryan Borucki (who pitched 7 innings of 2 hit ball, in his first start in New Hampshire last night).
  • There is not pitch limit on Liriano tonight.
  • The players aren’t about the trade deadline.
  • He ‘sees good tough at bats from Josh Donaldson, but it isn’t getting hits.
  • And Luke Maile isn’t close to returning to the team, he ‘might need until late August or early September’. I’m guessing early September, right around the first.

Tonight, Jose is DH, Tulo is back in the lineup (battering behind Pearce) and Carrera is playing in right. And Morales is sitting, I’m trying not to read anything into that, but I can imagine the team is shopping him.

Today's Lineups

OAKLAND A'S TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Rajai Davis - CF Jose Bautista - DH
Marcus Semien - SS Russell Martin - C
Ryon Healy - DH Josh Donaldson - 3B
Khris Davis - LF Justin Smoak - 1B
Jed Lowrie - 2B Steve Pearce - LF
Yonder Alonso - 1B Troy Tulowitzki - SS
Matt Chapman - 3B Ezequiel Carrera - RF
Josh Phegley - C Kevin Pillar - CF
Matt Joyce - RF Ryan Goins - 2B
Chris Smith - RHP Francisco Liriano - LHP