Blue Jays Roster Moves: Barnes DL, Dermody Up

New, 6 comments
Toronto Blue Jays Photo Day
Dermody
Photo by Mike Stobe/Getty Images

Things happen while I’m at the movies:

Danny Barnes has been place on the DL with ‘right shoulder impingement’. He has been used a fair bit this season.

Barnes has a 3.09 ERA in 37 games, 43.2 innings. But he’s given up 5 runs in his last 3.2 innings.

I hadn’t heard that he was hurting, but it makes sense considering how he’s pitched over the last week. I hope it isn’t series.

Matt Dermody was up once earlier this season, pitched in one game, allowed 5 earned, while getting just one out, against the Orioles, back on April 16th. Down in Buffalo, he has a 3.29 ERA in 41 innings. He’s allowed 47 hits, 9 walks with 27 strikeouts. He’s left-handed.

Get well soon Barnes. Welcome back Dermody.

And Anthony Alford has been activated from the DL and optioned to New Hampshire. Why AA and not AAA? I don’t know.