Troy Tulowitzki comes of of game with leg injury

New, 8 comments
Baltimore Orioles v Toronto Blue Jays Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images

Troy Tulowitzki left today’s game after stepping awkwardly on first base, trying to beat out a ground out.

He was in a lot of pain. He went over on his ankle stretching for the bag, it looked like Angels first baseman C.J. Cron had his foot on the wrong part of the bag and Troy stepped on the side of Cron’s foot and then slid off the slide of the bad. I often wonder how there aren’t more foot injuries around bags. It’s so easy to slip off an edge of the bag.

I’m hoping it isn’t as bad as it looks, but it looks, at best, like a sprained ankle, but it could be any of a number of things. Sometimes those things hurt a lot and then turn out not to be as serious. I do imagine that newly acquired Rob Refsnyder might be getting a call to, at least, be ready to head to Toronto.