Jays place Troy Tulowitzki on DL

New, 11 comments

Rob Refsnyder called up. Also Chris Smith sent down, Mike Bolsinger activated.

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim v Toronto Blue Jays Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images

We interrupt today’s episode of ‘last minute packing’ to bring you Blue Jays news.

The Jays have put Troy Tulowitzki on the DL, and if you watched last night’s game you know why. They are calling it a sprain at the moment, but he is getting an MRI on the ankle later today.

Rob Refsnyder gets the call up. I’m sure you know that we just traded for Rob, sending Ryan McBroom to the Yankees in return. Rob had been hitting .320/.402/.467 in Triple A, mostly with the Yankees AAA team in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

He has been in the majors before, 94 games total spread over 3 seasons, hitting .241/.312/.332 with 6 steals and 1 caught. He has some speed, something the Jays are missing. I hope we play him.

Also Chris Smith is heading back to Buffalo and Mike Bolsinger comes off the DL. Smith pitched 5 innings for us, allowing 7 hits, 3 earned, 1 walk and 1 strikeout. Bolsinger has a 5.59 in 39.2 innings as a Jay this season. He had ‘knee inflammation’ that seemed to come about in his last appearance.

Welcome Rob. Heal up quick Troy. Welcome back Mike. See you soon Chris.

Off topic, but I love Gibby: