Blue Jays activate Montero, DL Maile

New, 8 comments
MLB: Cincinnati Reds at Chicago Cubs Matt Marton-USA TODAY Sports

Miguel Montero joins the Blue Jays today.

We figured Luke Maile would be sent off to Buffalo (he has options), but instead he’s going on the DL with knee Inflammation, which may have happened in the collision at the plate yesterday,

I know the timing on the injury is a bit strange, but really there is no benefit to the ream that he be on the DL instead of Buffalo, or not one that I can figure out at the moment. So I’m guessing there is a pain in his knee. Luke was hitting a big .121 for the Jays (after getting a double last night).

Montero can’t possibly hit any worse (though it seems putting on a Jays uniform saps any hitting ability out of a player). Montero was hitting .286/.366/.439 with 8 home runs, 11 walks and 24 strikeouts in 112 PA for the Cubs.

Welcome to the team Miguel. I’m not sure if you’ll want to make any deep friendships in the clubhouse, guys might be moving on soon.