Around The Nest - Blue Jays Minor League Podcast - Week 13

New, 16 comments

Field of Blue

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and Bo Bichette
Image courtesy Jesse Goldberg-Strassler

Today is Friday, which means another edition of Around The Nest will be coming your way at 4 pm Eastern. We already knew that Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and Bo Bichette will be representing the Blue Jays at the Futures Game in Miami, but this week’s big news is that they will be staying in Florida as they both have been promoted to A-advanced Dunedin.

But beside this, what else has gone on in the Blue Jays’ minor league system since last week? Host Jesse Goldberg-Strassler of the Lansing Lugnuts will be asking the radio broadcasters from Bluefield to Buffalo about the goings-on in their respective leagues. Here’s Jesse’s show description:

Morgan Campbell of the Toronto Star is reporting that Bo Bichette and Vladimir Guerrero, Jr. will be moving up to Dunedin after Sunday's Futures Game. We get out in front of the move, plus add the Bluefield Blue Jays to our week's worth of conversation, where Ryan Noda is batting -- is this right? .500? Eat your heart out, Bo Bichette. Plus, the July 4th holiday brought the largest crowd in the Minor Leagues to Buffalo's Coca-Cola Field, and the largest crowd beneath Triple-A to Lansing's Cooley Law School Stadium. And: What in the world is the Can-Am Dog?

Click here to listen to the broadcast and archived audio.

Bluebird Banter readers are encouraged to ask the broadcasters questions! Leave a comment with your questions below!