In true “let’s look ahead to next year” fashion, the regular season schedule for 2018 has been released.
Some interesting things to note:
- Most Saturday home games will now be at 4:07pm. We know the Blue Jays sent a survey to season ticket holders earlier this year asking for their preference, and the new time was tested last Saturday when the Jays hosted the Tigers. There will be nine Saturday home games at 4:07pm, and four at 1:04pm
- The Blue Jays will host the Yankees on opening day, for the first time since 2003. The Jays will play their first seven games at home.
- We will host the Detroit Tigers on Canada Day, and the New York Mets on the 4th of July.
- The All-Star Game will be in Washington, DC, on July 17th.
- West coasters looking to head down to SafeCo Field can do so when the Jays play the Mariners on Aug 2-5.
- The Jays will also play inter-league game series against the following NL East teams: Mets, Phillies, Nationals, Braves, Marlins
- The regular season will be expanded starting in 2018 to provide four additional off-days for each team
- All 30 clubs will open on the same day, the first time this will happen in 50 years, in addition to sporting the earliest starting date in history
Save the dates!— Blue Jays (@BlueJays) September 12, 2017
Our 2018 season schedule is out! pic.twitter.com/l0FULkby5y
The full schedule is available here.