clock menu more-arrow no yes
Cleveland Indians v Toronto Blue Jays Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images

Apparently the Jays are very interested in Dallas Keuchel (as are most teams) but it seems we are unlikely to land him and the Jays are better off looking for lower end starters.(#CheapRogers).

We are also still kicking the tyres on J.A. Happ. Who we still love. And want to rekindle our romance with.

A few days ago the Mariners agreed to send Robinson Cano, Edwin Diaz and a bag with $20m in to the Mets in exchange for Jay Bruce and 4 people excited to be leaving the Mets.

At least the Mets fans will enjoy Diaz’s filthy fastball/slider combo:

Talking of sliders, why are they so difficult to hit?

Seattle also looks likely to pull off another big trade with Jean Segura set to join the Phillies with Carlos Santana (sans guitar) and prospect J P Crawford moving the other way. Segura obviously doesn’t like the Pacific Northwest:

Apparently the Mariners are also keen to offload Kyle Seager, Mike Leake, Mitch Haniger and Marco Gonzales for the right price. Or to someone paying the wrong price. Like the Mets.

Talking of spending money. The Phillies are getting itchy feet:

Here is the list of the top 15 baseball cities in North America. (Baltimore made it, Toronto didn’t...)

And to end, some old time goodness. Satchel Paige embarassing a batter with an eephus. I feel sorry for the guy. His swing is also very Kevin Pillar like.