The Blue Jays started several of their regulars today, but didn’t come out with a win against a Tigers split squad team.
The good news? Devon Travis played, and he looked good both at bat and in the field. He had a single and a walk, in 3 PA and he made a nice play in the field. No sign of a limp. I’m guessing he’ll have a day or maybe two off before he plays again, but that was an encouraging day.
- Josh Donaldson: 0 for 1, walk, k.
- Kendrys Morales: 0 for 1, walk, k.
- Russell Martin: 0 for 2, k. But he did hit the ball to the track (I thought it was out) in his first at bat). He had a stolen base against.
- Reese McGuire: 1 for 2. He also had a stolen base against, when he dropped the ball trying to exchange from glove to hand.
- Justin Smoak: 0 for 2, k.
- Kacy Clemens: 0 for 2, with an RBI ground out. Made a nice play in the field.
- Kevin Pillar: 1 for 2.
- J.D. Davis: 0 for 2, k. Made a bad throw from center field, way off line of the plate.
- Randal Grichuk: 1 for 2, double, RBI.
- Teoscar Hernandez: 0 for 2, k. Couldn’t hit the curve in the 9th, got 3 in a row.
- Curtis Granderson: 0 for 2.
- Dwight Smith: 0 for 2, k.
- Yangervis Solarte: 0 for 2, k.
- Aledmys Díaz: 0 for 2.
- Gift Ngoepe: 1 for 1, home run. He also made a throwing error from short.
- J.A. Happ: 1 inning (everyone threw 1 inning, until McClelland couldn’t finish out the 9th), 1 hit, 2 k. He looked good.
- Aaron Sanchez: 2 hits, 2 earned, 2 k. Hit a batter. He had a bit of trouble with hitting his targets, but didn’t seem to have any finger problems and was throwing hard.
- Ryan Tepera: 1 hit.
- Aaron Loup: 1 hit, 1 k.
- Rhimer Cruz: 1 hit,
- Thomas Pannone: 1 home run, 1 k.
- Jon Harris: 1 single, 1 unearned run, 1 k.
- Andrew Case: 1 k.
- Jackson McClelland: 2 hits, 2 walks, 2 earned. He didn’t get a full inning, came out after 2 outs, 2 runs in.
- Dusty Isaacs: Got a fly out to center to end the 9th.
That drops the Jays to 1-2. Tomorrow they visit the Rays in Port Charlotte. The game isn’t on TV.