We got a very nice start from Jaime Garcia. 5 innings, just 2 hits (1 that could have been an error) with 3 strikeouts with no walks. The Phillies broadcast crew mentioned that a batter in the 5th inning was the first one that got to 3 balls in an at bat. It was good to see. He has a 2.00 ERA so far this spring.
- Tyler Clippard: 1 inning, 1 hit (a 2-out home run that likely still hasn’t landed), 1 k. 3.00.
- Roberto Osuna: Gave up a bloop single, then Jason Leblebijian had an easy ground ball clank off his glove, but a strikeout and a double play ball (off the bat of reliever Mark Leiter) got him out of the inning.
- Ryan Tepera: Gave up a double and a home run to dead center, to start the inning. After a ground out, he was out of the game. 1 out, 2 runs. ERA jumped from 0.00 to 3.38.
- Aaron Loup: Got the last 2 outs of the 8th, both strikeouts. 1.59. He’s having a nice spring.
- Danny Barnes: Gave up a leadoff homer in the 9th, messing up my nice neat recap. There was a ground out, then a single, a walk (putting the tying run on base). Thankfully he got a fly to fairly deep right, and J.D. Davis threw behind the runner at second getting the final out of the game. Bad base running. He’s not having a great spring. 7.50 ERA.
We had 14 hits on the day with 14 strikeouts.
- Curtis Granderson: 0 for 3, walk, k. .357. A disappointment, he didn’t homer.
- Devon Travis: 0 for 4, 3 strikeouts. .233. A bad day for Travis.
- Kendrys Morales: 2 for 4, k, 2 doubles. .250.
- Russell Martin: 1 for 3, k. .192.
- Yangervis Solarte: 2 for 3, k, 2 doubles. .161.
- Gift Ngoepe: 2 for 4, double, k, stole a base. .179. Made a couple of nice plays on defense at short.
- Roemon Fields: 2 for 5, steal, 2 k. .346. Having a very nice spring.
- Jonathan Davis: 1 for 4, home run (to the opposite field). .261.
- Richard Urena: 1 for 1. .179.
- Jason Leblebijian: 0 for 1, walk. .237. Also made an error.
The Jays are now 10-11 on the spring.
Tomorrow we have split squad games for the Blue Jays. The game that Sportsnet will show is the Jays vs. the Canadian Junior team. Marcus Stroman is to start that one. Vlad and Bo are going to be in the lineup for that one. The other game has the rest of the Jays going to Sarasota to play the Orioles.