Jays tied the game in the 9th and the teams decided to end it there.
The important stuff:
Marcus Stroman got his work in. He threw 54 pitches over 2.2. The results weren’t great. He allowed 5 hits, 2 runs, 1 earned, 1 walk, 1 strikeout and 1 homer. The home run was to the second batter of the game, just after a Danny Espinoza error.
Stroman should pitch next in Montreal, and should likely be allowed 70 some pitches, which would give him 90+ pitches for his first start of the season against the Yankees.
The other important stuff, Seung-hwan Oh pitched his first game action of the spring. He got a first pitch pop out, a ground out and a strikeout. He couldn’t have had a better debut.
And Tyler Clippard pitched an inning, allowing a single with 2 strikeouts.
- Luis Santo: 1 inning, 2 hits, 3 earned, 1 walk, 2 strikeouts. 4.82. He had a shot at making the bullpen, but his last 2 outings have pretty much ended that.
- Matt Dermody: 1 inning, 3 hits, 2 earned, 1 k, 1 homer. 10.29. He’s pitched himself out of any hope of making the team. Might be pitching himself off the 40-man.
- Chad Girodo: 1 inning, 1 hit. 0.00.
It took us until the 4th inning to get our first hit, and it drove in our first run of the game.
- Danny Espinosa: 0 for 2, walk. ,250. He also had the error to start off the game.
- Devon Travis: 1 for 3, double. .282. He had the first hit of the game.
- Josh Donaldson: 0 for 3, k. .182. I’d really like to see him hit something hard. Spring training really isn’t important for the veterans, but....get a hit Josh.
- Randal Grichuk: 0 for 4, k. .286. His first game action since his ‘rib cage’ injury, which was called an oblique injury today.
- Teoscar Hernandez: 1 for 3. 2 k. .341.
- Luke Maile: 0 for 3, k. .261.
- Jason Leblebijian: 2 for 3. .268.
- Roemon Fields: 2 for 4, double, triple. .378. Drove in the tying run in the 9th with a triple.
- Andrew Guillotte: 1 for 4, walk, k. .250.
- Gift Ngoepe: 0 for 1, walk, k. .200.
- Ivan Castillo: 1 for 1.
- Emilio Guerrero: 0 for 1, walk.
Jays are still 12-13, with today’s tie.
Tomorrow the Jays are playing 2 split squad games. On MLB Audio, the Jays host the Rays. Jaime Garcia will start that one. On MLB.TV the Jays visit the Pirates. I’d imagine the regulars will be at the game in Dunedin.