With the 2018 season starting the day after tomorrow, it’s time to make our predictions. Give us your best guess on the following:
1. Give us your guess for the winners in each division.
2. Wild Card teams?
3. Who makes it to the World Series and who wins?
4. Who gets the major awards in each league. MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year?
5. Pick a breakout player of the year?
6. Who is the biggest disappointment (can be a team or player)?
7. How many Blue Jay wins?
8. Your pick for surprisingly good Blue Jay?
And anything else you want to predict.
1. I’ll take Yankees (yeah it really pains me to say that, but then since I get most of these things wrong, maybe picking them will sink them), Indians, Astros. Nationals, Cubs, Diamonbacks
2. I’ll take the Red Sox and Blue Jays as AL Wild Card. And Brewers and someone...I don’t know who, lets say Rockies in the NL.
3. Astros beat the Nationals for the World Series.
4. Carlos Correa MVP, I want to pick Storman....so let’s do it for Cy Young and Brent Honeywell for ROY.
NL Nolan Arenado MVP, Thor Cy Young and Lewis Brinson for ROY.
5. Devon Travis, he says hopefully.
8. I’m thinking that Randal Grichuk has a very good season.
And I predict Tulo is out for the entire season and the pressure is on the front office to call up Bichette. I also think that Anthony Aford comes up at some point, and becomes an everyday outfielder.
Shohei Ohtani has a disappointing season, both pitching and hitting.
I also predict that every time I see Gibby in glasses it will come as a surprise to me