The good news? Aaron Sanchez was great. 3 innings, just 1 hit, a double, and he picked the guy off, so he faced the minimum. Arden Zwelling tells us he throw 31 pitches, 23 strikes and a 95 mph fastball. Had 2 strikeouts, 4 ground outs and 2 fly outs.
The bad news? Ryan Borucki had a rough time of it. His first inning went well. The secondd one was a disaster: 5 hits, 1 walk, 1 homer, 5 earned, only getting 1 out. Not fun.
- Rhiner Cruz: Took over for Borucki, and, helped by a caught stealing, got out of the inning without any more damage.
- Danny Barnes: Also had a tough time. 1 inning, 2 hits, 3 earned, 1 walk, 1 homer, 2 strikeouts.
- John Axford: 1 clean inning.
- Deck McGuire: Also a clean inning with 2 strikeouts.
- Sean Reid-Foley: Hit batter and a single, but no runs.
We had a 4 run 5th inning (with a Martin 2 run homer) and a 5 run 8th (which include 5 walks, a hit batter, Roemon Fields getting thrown out at the plate, and catcher error for (I think) coming off the plate before catching the throw on a force out).
- Devon Travis: 1 for 4. Hitting .273.
- Curtis Granderson: 1 for 2, triple. Hitting .300 with 2 homers and the triple.
- Yangervis Solarte: 1 for 3, home run. .167
- Justin Smoak: 1 for 2, walk. .222.
- Kendrys Morales: 1 for 4, k. .273.
- Russell Martin: 1 for 3, homer, walk. .222, with 2 home runs.
- Randal Grichuk: 1 for 3, double, k. .333.
- Kevin Pillar: 1 for 3, home run. .700.
- Aledmys Diaz: 1 for 3. .250.
- Jon Berti: 1 for 1. Bases loaded single off the wall in the 8th. Roemon Fields thrown out at the plate, he held up watching to see if it was going to be caught and was thrown out on a good relay.
- Steve Pearce: 1 for 2, walk. .333.
- Tim Lopes: Walk and a bases loaded hit batter, getting him an RBI.
- Jason Leblebijian: 0 for 2, k. .250.
- Dwight Smith: Bases loaded walk.
- Reese McGuire: Walk.
- Ezequiel Carrera: 1 for 1, single, k. .143.
- Roemon Fields: Walk. Thrown out at the plate.
- Gift Ngoepe: Walk.
Tomorrow the Jays travel to Clearwater (a 15 minute drive, unless it is rush hour, when it becomes a 3 hour drive) to face the Phillies. For with MLB.TV can watch the Philles broadcast of the game.
Jays are now 3-6 on the spring.