Wednesday’s Blue Jays lineups and bits of Blue Jays news

New, 124 comments
MLB: Spring Training-Atlanta Braves at Toronto Blue Jays Butch Dill-USA TODAY Sports

We have two games today, Jays are playing the Pirates in Dunedin and the Tigers in Lakeland. Both games have some of our regulars. It surprises me that Donaldson, Solarte, Smoak and Pillar are making the trip to Lakeland.

But first there are bits of Jays news:

  • Marcus Stroman will play catch tomorrow for the first time since the shoulder inflammation came up.
  • Carlos Ramirez will also be back on the mound soon, he’s had a sore shoulder as well.
  • You might note that, in the lineups below, Russel Martin will play third. Morales plays first base.
  • And there is this:

Today’s lineups:

And just because I loved Scott Downs: